g Men Are Jerks: Lonely Boat Quay
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Malaysian boy stuck in Shanghai.

Friday, October 21, 2005

Lonely Boat Quay

Today marked the second day of my staying ALONE in Singapore. While I knew all along that this day will come, it is nevertheless pretty depressing. I think I must have settled in pretty well here. 7.30 a.m. wake up. breakfast. 8.00 a.m. leave my house. 8.40 a.m. reach office. 1.00 p.m. lunch. 2.00 p.m. work again. 8 p.m. leave office. go to gym. 10.00 p.m. go home. 10.30 p.m. reach home. clean up some shit (literally!) and sleep. What is missing is... there won't be anyone home waiting for me, offering me a lift home from time to time, bring me to fancy restaurants and making sure that I have everything I need / want. The house just seems extra quiet (well, it is quiet anyway)... and I have never felt more alone before.

Two days in a row I purposely walk along a small stretch of Boat Quay before I hop on to my train to go home. From far I can see a long stretch of bars and pubs by the river side. Happy Hour. Happy people. There is a distinctive smell at Boat Quay... probably a mixture of the smell of salt water (or is it garbage?) and beer. I dunno. I even saw a Indon worker berpancaran with Santa by the river side as I was going home alone to the empty house. It's not Christmas yet... but who knows... they are probably happier.

10 Comments:

Blogger Will said...

Where have all the manly men-loving Singaporeans gone?

We have a hot guy lonely in Singapore! How atrocious! Bad hospitality!

10:37 pm

 
Blogger Dildos said...

don't worry ... adjusting to a new life is always full of little bumps.

Things will be great soon, trust me on this.

take care dear.

10:50 pm

 
Blogger QUIK! said...

Is this Lonely (Boat Quay remix)?

Like wjee said, settling into a new life is obviously a little hard in the beginning. I bet a few more weeks, you won't EVEN be blogging anymore!

11:13 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey sayang,

been there, done that and yet, still alive lar. it's hard at times, but hey, that's part of the package. Hang around those NS camps and you'll be fine !

*wink*

12:08 am

 
Blogger savante said...

I'll move to Singapore!
I'll sit at home waiting, offering you a lift home from time to time, bring you to fancy restaurants and making sure that you have everything you need / want.

Relax, kiddo. It'll take some time to adjust but I'm sure you'll find your own lil coterie of friends very soon.

Paul

12:21 am

 
Blogger Kenji said...

Awww... hope you get over the feeling of loneliness soon.. it might get depressing, but when there's more people, you mught think then its annoying! ;p

2:09 am

 
Blogger canardbidon said...

yeah don't worry... before long you will be in the thick of things! just give yourself time to ease in.. and besides, KL is only couple of hours away!

9:39 am

 
Blogger Duff! said...

thank you guys.

9:26 am

 
Blogger mikey said...

Getting out from your comfort zone will make you a better person. So hang on there!!!

11:29 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... » » »

2:05 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home